Sunday, January 27, 2013

Where is the Time Going? Where Have I Been?

Where is the time going?  I wish I could tell you.  Where have I been?  That's a good one, too.

I can't believe our little Thomas is a week away from becoming four months old.  Four months!!!  Time flies by way too quickly when you have a little baby, and I know all the moms out there know it.  He's already reached 17 pounds at three months -- the size Nathan was at six months -- which makes it seem like his babyhood is going even faster than it really is.  I have to remind myself that he'll still be a baby long after he reaches 12 months old.  The magic won't be over yet, but it's certainly a different kind of magic.

I just love this age.




Here's a sampling of what we've been up to:

Looking rather like a kewpie doll

Making funny faces (while I try to admire/photograph his new haircut)

Babywearing

Snuggling

More funny faces

Plenty of arts and crafts

A tiny amount of sewing

I went back to my freelance writing career early this month, and boy is it hard to get your brain to think the way it used to after four months of doing nothing but caring for young children and maintaining a home.  What little free time I had during my maternity leave is now practically extinct. 

So I guess this isn't a great time for me to be thinking about rebranding and relaunching my Etsy shop as a way to earn extra money, but it is what it is.  When I get an idea I have to go for it now, and I love striking while the iron's hot.  Stay tuned for my "big" announcement -- air quotes on the big because it's not, really.  A name change, a few new products... it doesn't take much to get me excited.

I'm so glad to be back in this space, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Glad all is going well! good luck with the announcement!

    Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...