Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinned It, Did It! #1

Inspired by Allison at Little Lovelies, I'm starting a series of posts where I share crafts or recipes I've pinned and actually done.  (Thanks, Allison!).  Ever since I'd joined Pinterest I hadn't actually made anything I'd pinned -- or if I did, I just can't remember.  And if you read my last post, you know how badly I'd been neglecting my Pinterest account. But now that that's all straightened out, I'm happy to share my first Pinned It, Did It!

My thanks again go to Allison for this really great embroidery handprint keepsake tutorial.  Is this not the cutest thing you can make to remember your child's cute little hand?  I can't wait to hang it.


I love using coordinating fabrics.  I bought both of these at JoAnn's from the Lisette line.  I'm sorry for not knowing the exact name of each.

This break from knitting to make a project that's fast and rewarding and just different from what I'm used to doing was so refreshing.  I can't wait to complete another pin -- last night I began making my first doll ever (pin).  But if you follow on my Facebook page you already knew that... right?


6 comments:

  1. I was just saying to my husband that I spend so much time pinning crafts, that I have no time to actually do them! I have started an Easter surprise for my kids...so I'll join in on this when they're done. Great idea! Love this handprint idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful idea. i think i might try this out for our wee little fiona rose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hand idea is just wonderful! What a great idea share accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came out wonderfully!! I love the idea. I would love to invite you to share at our Sharing Saturday (http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/02/sharing-saturday-8.html). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! What a great idea - and lovely execution! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...