Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Birthdays and Thanks

Hi, all.  I first wanted to say thanks to those of you who commented on my last post about your experiences with reflux-y babies. We're implementing your tips and suggestions and are seeing good results with the little guy.  So thank you.

Of course there still isn't any crafting going on around here, between a reflux-y baby who isn't sleeping much during the day anymore (is this normal?) and an active almost-three-year old.  But I did just sew the button onto the crayon roll I made as part of Nathan's birthday present.  Finished!!  I felt victorious in the half hour that both kids slept at the same time.  I even made a few important phone calls. 

Without further ado:




I used leftover fabric from the curtain I made for Tommy's room (which I still have yet to, um, show you) and Nathan's number game and this pattern from the Pleated Poppy.  Instead of using a layer of flannel inside the crayon roll, I ironed a piece of fusible fleece to the back piece before sewing the whole thing closed for more heft.  I love how it came out.  This will be part of a huge box of art supplies I'm giving him for his birthday.

Thanksgiving is extra special around here because both of our families come together at our house and because we celebrate both T.J.'s and Nathan's birthdays after dinner.  In addition to pumpkin, coconut custard and apple pies, we have an ice cream cake and Nathan gets to blow out candles and open gifts.  Even though his actual birthday is still a few days away, he was born on Thanksgiving and I'll always, always associate the two.  For him I am thankful.

P.S. Right now, both kids are still asleep and I brewed some coffee and actually started drinking it. Now that's what I call victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...