Monday, September 3, 2012

It's (Almost) the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Fall is almost here!  If you read this post's title and thought about Christmas, you are wrong, my friend!  I think autumn is the most wonderful time of the year, and for so many reasons. Yeah, there are pumpkins and gourds (gourds!!!), colorful leaves and crisp days, but I also get my husband back after a long, hot (and very pregnant) summer.

In fall we get to celebrate many family birthdays, including Nathan's (can you believe he'll be three?), our anniversary (this Saturday, yay!) -- and this year, we're welcoming our second son into the world.  A wonderful time, indeed.

I've updated the seasonal look of my blog to reflect my excitement for the season. Now that I'm officially on maternity leave from my freelance writing career, I hope to be in this space a bit more during the next few weeks while we wait for baby to arrive.

I have a few more pieces of the baby's nursery to show off before I do the final reveal (for now you can read about my lamp makeover, a Scandinavian birds embroidery piece and my fabric pennant banner + tutorial), a tutorial for homemade carseat strap covers to share and an original knitting pattern for newborn socks that actually fit that I'll let loose very soon.

And since I have a ton of blocking to do, I'd like to share all the baby knitting I've been up to and do a stash-busting update (remember The Challenge?) and link-up soon.  Get ready to join in and share what you've been knitting from your stash!

Looking forward to next time,
your friend,
Kelly

I made this maternity dress over the summer and haven't yet shared it.  I wish I had a better photo!

 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,

    You look as lovely as ever and yes I did think you were referring to Christmas!! Thankgoodness that was not the case! I'm looking forward to the big reveal of the nursery and I'm wishing you lots of lovely nesting time before baby boy number two puts in his appearance.

    Here's to a happy autumn

    Hugs San xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...