Monday, January 16, 2012

Goal!

By now I'm sure just everyone knows that my goal this year is to knit from my stash for as long as possible, but does anyone remember my goal for 2011?  It was to knit one pair of socks per month....and I'm proud to say that I did it!

Here's a look back by month, with pattern and yarn for each pair:

January
Pattern: Butterfly Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Blue Yonder



February
Pattern: Lace and Cables Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Deep Waters



March
Pattern: My own Birds in Flight Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Blue Yonder



April
Pattern: Ribbed Ribbon Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Springtime



May
Pattern: my own Ice Pop Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Afternoon

My little munchkin seemed so much chubbier back then!


June
Pattern: Midsummer Night's Dream
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Canopy



July
Pattern: my own Birds in Flight Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Blue Yonder



August
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Handpainted in County Fair


September
Pattern: My own Raindrop Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Handpainted in Playtime



October
Pattern: My own Thermal Textured Socks, featured in the winter edition of Rhythm of the Home
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll in Jackrabbit Heather



November
Pattern: Elizabeth Zimmerman's Woodsman's Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Squirrel Heather



December
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Squirrel Heather


What were your knitting or crafting goals last year?  Did you reach them?

9 comments:

  1. I love all your socks! My goal was to keep knitting and for every project to include something that I had to learn, I think I achieved it. Made quite a few things and about a handful of them came out good enough to actually wear in public! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria!! That's a great goal -- and I laughed out loud at "good enough to actually wear in public" !! Way to go!

      Delete
  2. I am in a crafting desert at the moment I want to make something usefull, never thought of making socks I might give a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing Kelly! Congratulations on meeting your goal.
    My goal was to knit every single day and I did! This year it is to learn a few new techniques and continue to challenge myself.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Prettiest socks I've ever seen.
    2. Reaching a goal? AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the first thought to my mind was, "wouldn't you get tired of knitting SOCKS?" But then I looked at all the socks. How could you get tired of knitting socks, they are all SO different!
    Beautiful>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on reaching your goal Kelly, all your socks are fantastic! I think my favorite are the ice pop's - i just love all the colours. Good luck for your 2012 objective. Whilst my kids were in bed all weekend with a stomach bug I 'stash busted' myself a new hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are the most gorgeous collection of socks! Congratulations! As for my own knitty goals. I have identified a few, and will be happy to achieve some of them, all of them may be unrealistic. Of course there is the stash busting as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...