Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A New Look for a New Season

For me, an important part of creating a family home is decorating for the seasons. Separately from our Christmas decorations, I've decorated for the season of winter with a bittersweet wreath, pine boughs and pine cones.  Once I take our Christmas decorations down, I'll come up with a few more touches that help my family celebrate the season.

And to go along with the new season, I've changed the look of my blog, which is very much a work in progress.  It didn't turn out quite as I'd envisioned, and don't have the time to miss around with it right now.  Even though winter isn't my favorite season, I appreciate the icy, sky blues, snow whites and muted colors of the winter landscape -- for now.

To celebrate the solstice,  I made the illuminated ice lanterns from Twig and Toadstool.  I hope they'll stay frozen through Christmas, when they'll welcome our Christmas dinner guests from our front porch.

I look forward to sharing the rest of my winter decorating ideas throughout the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...