Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Yarn Along & New Pattern Preview

This week's Yarn Along post is an exciting one because I get to show you what I've been working on in stealth lately.  That's right, I've been working on an almost secret project.  I say almost because I did show a sneak peek or two on my Facebook page.  (Feel free to "like" my Facebook page for knitting updates and more!)  The secret project has to do with a set of cherries dangling from the edge of this little girl's scarf:


It's a new pattern I'm designing for a friend, a custom design she requested for her almost-three-year-old daughter.  Isn't it cute?!?  If you like it, do come back next week for the pattern -- I expect to post it early in the week.  (Nathan will be my model in the photographs.  Is that wrong?)

The other little bit of knitting you see there is the beginnings of my Hitchhiker shawl.  It's an easy pattern to work in between the more complicated pieces that need more of my attention and brainpower -- perfect!

On the reading front, I'm reading Miserly Moms to find out how we can save money on our groceries.  It's a good, upbeat and positive read.  The author keeps telling me I can do it -- and she's right! 

We have little reading stations set up all over the house for Nathan, and at this one (on our coffee table) he has Tubby, Easter Surprise, Snuggle Up Sleepy Ones and Curious George: What Do You See.  I love how much this boy loves to look at books on his own and have them read to him, several times a day, even when I'm trying to clean up the kitchen after breakfast.  It almost never gets old!

15 comments:

  1. I am very much looking forward to checking in to see te finished project - love the colours and love cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelly, the scarf is amazing and i can't wait to see a pattern. i love the cherry fringe. no it's not wrong to have nathan model it, it will look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cherry scarf, definitely coming back to see it done and pattern written! Hitchhiker is looking good too, I love Hitchhikers, so easy to knit anywhere.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, cherry fringing, love it!

    Have fun with your hitchhiker, I finished mine recently and I love it so much ;) Such an easy knit for a great result. Love the colours of yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your scarf is amazing! What a sweet idea for a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea for a scarf. I just love the cherries. I'm sure your friends daughter will look adorable wearing it. You are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cherries are too adorable! What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scarf is so adorable - love those cherries!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, the cherry scarf is adorable! My boys love Curious George too. Those are def some of the books that have been known on occasion to disappear for a few days when necessary for Mama's sanity ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! Those cherries are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to just say I love those cherries too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute scarf! And I read Miserly Moms several years ago and still have it on my shelf. Good book and it really helped me when I first had to cut our grocery bill in half. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When my twins were big enough to sit on my lap for stories, I dreaded them getting too big. They did. But then, I reveled in them sitting beside me with their head on my shoulders, and I dreaded them beginning to read on their own and not needing/wanting me to read. They did. NOW, I cherish sitting beside them while THEY read...I STILL read to them....and all I can do is look forward to sharing books with them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...