Sunday, November 27, 2011

Inspiration for my Inspiration

Today I managed a trip to JoAnn Fabric Store all by myself, and even though I didn't really take all the time I needed (is that even possible?) I accomplished something important.  I'm no longer a fabric virgin!  Haha!  After almost 32 years, I've finally lost my fabric virginity and made my first-ever fabric purchase!  I bought these two fabrics for my inspiration board:


They were inspired by this ribbon:


The top fabric has zinnias (my favorite flower), dahlias and what look like hibiscus.  The fabrics don't contain any orange in them (or yellow, for that matter), but they have brown instead, and instead of trying to add a third fabric to the mix I'll find another way to get some orange in there.  (Stay tuned, pottery fans!)


The print kinda reminds me of the tea cup I'm drinking from right now, one of my favorites.  Hmmmm.


I don't quite have a plan for my inspiration board, but I have a vision for what it'll be like and a loose idea for what I hope to create.  This loose idea would include having to learn to sew, so I'm not sure when this will come together quite yet.  I won't have time to learn to sew before Christmas, but maybe afterward I will. 

But that's how I generally throw myself into some things, despite how well I plan my knitting projects.  Some things you justs need to get started and see where they take you.  All you need is some inspiration and an idea.  In this case, inspiration for my inspiration.  I look forward to sharing the finished product with you!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I love the colors you are using and you know I'm a pottery fan so I am interested in what you are going to be doing for the orange. Have fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...