Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Madness

One afternoon after work this week, we headed to the local farm to pick out some pumpkins.  I don’t know about you, but I love pumpkins.  I mean, really love them.  They’re one of my favorite things about fall (along with gourds, crisp weather and colorful leaves), and I’ve been dreaming about becoming a pumpkin farmer since I first started gardening.  I love the way they look in my home and on my front porch, I love the way they taste in muffins, bread and cookies (recipe coming soon—you don’t want to miss it) and I just plain love the color orange.  What is there not to love about pumpkins?  (And don’t forget about roasting seeds.)  They’re even fun to chuck in the back yard when we’re done with them to see what seeds come up in the spring.

I had to laugh at myself when we pulled into the farm and saw all these pumpkins so gloriously lined up among mums, asters and bundles of dried corn stalks.



I actually exclaimed, “Whoa, lookit all those pumpkins!!!!”  lol.  Yeah.  I’m a pumpkin dork.


Nathan got to choose his own little pumpkin. 


Word.

But I left with the cutest little pumpkin of all.
 

Have a good and pumpkiny weekend!

5 comments:

  1. We grew pumpkins for the first time this year. They aren't super big, but they are very tasty. I have been roasting three at a time, pureeing them and we have been eating pumpkin for weeks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a much bigger property and loved growing pumpkins, they are so fun to grow! The pumpkin farm you visited looks amazing, I love the way they have it set up- so pretty. Looks like it would be a fun place to visit! ~April

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those pictures are surreally unsurreal, really beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome!! I would totally pay the price of pumpkins to take photos of my kids there. And your sweet pumpkin is the sweetest of all :)

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...