Sunday, October 17, 2010

Handmade Birthday

Even though I love making things myself, I’m not averse to buying things, and that includes birthday cards. But when 10-month-old Nathan couldn’t take another minute of shopping, I had to bag the birthday card search for my mom (why on Earth were the mom-themed birthday cards so hard to find?!) and head home cardless.

Once Nathan was napping I looked around my craft room for ideas. I had Hello Kitty stickers in one hand…and in the other….yarn. No, roving! I ditched the stickers, rifled through my roving bin and found a piece of cardstock. And then I made this:


I don’t know if it’s sacrilege to glue wool to paper, but I made up my own rules that day, and it paid off. Happy Birthday, Mom.
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...